I’m really happy with how this build turned out. It’s been about a decade since I had a new PC, so it’s been a long time coming.
- i5-7500 Quad-Core 3.4 GHz Kaby Lake
- MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
- Samsung 960 PRO 512 PCIe NVMe M.2
- Corsair 2x8GB DDR4
- MSI Pro Series B250 PC MATE
- Seasonic SSR-550RM 550W modular PSU
- NZXT S340 Elite Mid Tower case
- Two 140mm NZXT fans in the front, all four fans controlled by mobo
- I love the cable management features of the case.
- The two case fans came with adapters for connecting directly to DC. I disconnected those and put them straight on the motherboard for speed control.
- The case has two removable dust filters – one in the front and one under the PSU.
- By using the M.2 for storage, I only had to plug in one module to the PSU – PCIe power for the GPU.
- It’s very quiet, even with a total of 7 fans! (4 case, 1 CPU, 2 GPU)
- The lights on the motherboard aren’t too impressive and only one color (white). Nicer models let you choose more.