From the weekend hacks department: I now have DOOM running on my 64×64 matrix!
- A Raspberry Pi 2B drives the 64×64 3mm pitch LED matrix via the Matrix Bonnet.
- I’m using SDL2 to handle scaling the original resolution of 320×200 down to 64×40 as well as the game ticks, user input, and sound.
- It was mainly an exercise in Makefiles and linking C libraries – the hard parts were done in the libraries. 🙌 Generic Doom / Rpi RGB LED Matrix
- The matrix is covered with an acrylic panel that smooths out the LEDs and makes it pleasant to look at.
- The flickering effect isn’t seen in real life, it’s just how the camera captured it.
GitHub repo: https://github.com/twstokes/doom-matrix